There are two mailing lists for m5 hosted on m5sim.org:
- gem5-dev (subscribe) - Discussions of gem5 development. (~7 messages/day)
- gem5-users (subscribe) - General discussion about gem5 and its use. (~10 messages/day)
- gem5-announce (subscribe) - Announcements related to gem5. (~3 messages/year)
To subscribe or view the archives click on the links above.
Additional (and much more easily searchable) archives are hosted by:
|List||Gmane||The Mail Archive|
Before posting a problem to the mailing list please read Reporting Problems and follow the guidelines listed. Doing so will get your question answered far faster and more precisely.
Alternative communication channels
The following alternative support communication channels also exist, although they are less canonical not as actively monitored by the developers currently.
If you don't get an answer in those channels quickly, make sure to also send the full text of your post to the correct mailing list with an additional link to the original post.
- https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/gem5 Stack Overflow
gem5tag. Make sure that your question complies with the site guidelines before posting: https://stackoverflow.com/help/asking Interested users can opt to receive email notifications for such questions as explained at: https://meta.stackexchange.com/questions/25224/email-notifications-for-new-questions-matching-specific-tags
- https://www.quora.com/topic/Gem5-Simulator Stack Overflow is generally preferred, but you can use Quora instead if your question is not on topic for Stack Overflow, e.g. for more subjective questions